Deputy head of Zelenskyy's Office: Invitation for Trump negotiators to visit Kyiv is still open

Tuesday, 19 May 2026 —

Officials at the Office of the President of Ukraine are saying that the invitation for negotiators representing Donald Trump to visit Kyiv remains open.

Ihor Zhovkva, Deputy Head of the Office of the President of Ukraine, said in an interview with Interfax-Ukraine that the invitation for Trump's negotiators Steve Witkoff and Jared Kushner to visit Kyiv was still open.

"This invitation still stands," he said.

As previously reported, negotiations regarding Russia's war against Ukraine have largely stalled since the start of the US and Israeli war against Iran. The visit by Trump's negotiators to Kyiv expected "after Easter" never took place.

After Rustem Umierov, Secretary of Ukraine's National Security and Defence Council, returned from talks in the US during the first week of May, President Zelenskyy said that Witkoff and Kushner could visit Kyiv in late spring or early summer 2026.

If you notice an error, select the required text and press Ctrl + Enter to report it to the editors.
Advertisement: