NATO says US weapons purchases for Ukraine under PURL procurement scheme will proceed in full

Tuesday, 19 May 2026 — , from Brussels

The purchase of US-made weapons and ammunition for Ukraine under the Prioritised Ukraine Requirements List (PURL) programme, including interceptor missiles for air defence systems, is continuing.

As reported by European Pravda's correspondent in Brussels, General Alexus Grynkewich, US European Command and NATO Supreme Allied commander Europe, stressed that Ukraine will receive the US interceptor missiles promised under the PURL initiative.

"Regarding PURL, I want to assure you that everything Allies have paid for is flowing, including air defence interceptors that the Ukrainians so urgently need," he said.

Grynkewich pointed out that "Ukraine needs persistent and predictable support from Allies".

"This is why support for Ukraine through the Prioritised Ukraine Requirements List, or PURL, and any other means remains critical," he added.

Grynkewich said that by investing in Ukraine, "we are not only protecting their population and defending their critical infrastructure and sustaining their fight", but also making "an investment in European security".

It was reported earlier that Ihor Zhovkva, Deputy Head of the President's Office, said that nearly US$5.5 billion has so far been committed to the PURL programme.

European allies are said to be increasingly concerned about the future of the PURL programme as the war in Iran rapidly depletes American stockpiles.

NATO Secretary General Mark Rutte has said Ukraine will continue to receive US weapons paid for by its partners despite the impact of the war in the Middle East.

Rutte also said he is optimistic that Ukraine's partners will continue to find the necessary funding to finance purchases of US weapons through the PURL programme.

If you notice an error, select the required text and press Ctrl + Enter to report it to the editors.
Advertisement: